SSC CGL 2017: Quantitative Ability
Quantitative Ability section for SSC CGL is considered to be a little tough by many candidates. It's not really tough but does constitute of questions from a wide range of topics. Quant section in SSC CGL covers almost all topics from Mathematics syllabus till class ten which includes trigonometry, mensuration, probability etc. Since there's a long list of topics to be covered, students often deem the exam to be tough.
The first step to dispel the fear of the section is to go through the syllabus and group similar topics. For example, trigonometric ratios, trigonometric equations, and heights and distances could be grouped in one section. This shortens the list of topics to be prepared considerably.
Read Here: SSC CGL 2017: How To Prepare For General Awareness Section
With the list now ready you can begin your preparation.
- First of all buy a good preparation book for Quantitative Aptitude. Make sure the book covers all the topics from your list.
- Start with the topics which you find tough. Practice sample questions first and then move on to exercise questions.
- Practice all types of questions form a topic - easy, moderate and tough.
- Make a list of formulas somewhere and go over them in your free time. This way you won't forget a formula at the time of solving questions.
- Solve questions form a topic which were asked in previous year exams.