Here are the highlights of union minister Smriti Irani's address:
- It is not a new thing for Rahul Gandhi to attack the Prime Minister.
- It is sad that he had to cry about his party's failure at an international fora.
- He seems to have forgotten that the voter is here in India.
- To say that Congress became arrogant under Smt. Gandhi and hence lost election is a big political confession in itself
- He has himself admitted this.. that his party turned arrogant in 2012
- It is appalling to hear him say "this is how India functions", when asked about dynastic politics.
- A failed dynast today chose to speak about his failed political journeys in US
- He seems to have forgotten that people around him in all other forms of life, and including in politics, do not foolow this in India.
- India's Prime Minister - Narendra Modi - is a man who has risen from a humble background, as have the President the Vice President. The People of India have given a historic mandate in favour of PM Modi, and that Mr Gandhi's party, largely because of their dynastic politics, was reduced to new low. This shows that India is not dynastic in nature.
- All of us who have some genuine work to do, do not have all the time in the world to react to some of the bizarre comments made by Mr Gandhi.
- It is surprising to see that Mr Gandhi believes that it is us who define him and his party's journey, instead of his own karma and his party's doings that have led them to this plight.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.