- Sergei Eisenstein was born on January 22, 1898 at Riga in Russian Empire. His father Mikhail Osipovich Eisenstein was an architect and his mother Julia Ivanovna Konetskaya was the daughter of a prosperous merchant.
- Sergei Eisenstein was a Soviet artist and avant-garde director of several groundbreaking films, including Battleship Potemkin, Strike, and The General Line.
- Known as the father of montage - the film technique of editing a fast-paced sequence of short shots to transcend time or suggest thematic juxtapositions - Sergei Einstein deployed arresting images in sequences of psychological precision.
- Sergei Eisenstein's films were also revolutionary as he often depicted the struggle of downtrodden workers against the ruling class.
- On personal front, Sergei Eisenstein married filmmaker and writer Pera Atasheva and remained married until his death in 1948.
Happy birthday, Sergei Eisenstein!
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.