Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while delivering the keynote address at the India Ideas Summit, said the "world is in need for a better future." The virtual summit is being hosted by the US-India Business Council and this year marks the 45th anniversary of the formation of the council.
PM Modi said it is time that US-India partnership plays an important role in helping the world bounce back faster after the pandemic.
The event is expected to hold discussions on India-US cooperation and their relationship in a post-pandemic world. The theme for this year's India Ideas Summit is "Building a Better Future", a statement from the Prime Minister's Office said.
Here are top 5 quotes from PM Modi's address at India Ideas Summit:
- We all agree that the world is in need for a better future. And, it is all of us who have to collectively give shape to the future. I firmly believe that our approach to the future must primarily be a more human-centric one.
- India is contributing towards a prosperous and resilient world through the clarion call of an "Atmanirbhar Bharat." During the last six years, we have made many efforts to make our economy more open and reform-oriented. A recent report said for the first time ever in India, there are more rural internet users than even urban internet users.
- The rise of India means: a rise in trade opportunities with a nation that you can trust, a rise in global integration with increasing openness, a rise in your competitiveness with access to a market which offers scale.
- Every year, we are reaching record highs in foreign direct investment (FDI). Each year is significantly higher than the earlier one. FDI inflows in India in 2019-20 were $74 billion. This is an increase of 20 percent from the year before that.
- The US-India friendship has scaled many heights in the past. Now it is time our partnership plays an important role in helping the world bounce back faster after the pandemic. For this vision, there are few better partners than the US. India and the US are two vibrant democracies with shared values. We are natural partners.