Here's all that we know about Ram Nath Kovind:
1. Born on October 1, 1945, in Kanpur Dehat, Ram Nath Kovind is a commerce graduate. He pursued law from Kanpur University. He practiced in the Delhi High Court and Supreme Court for more than 15 years.
2. The septuagenarian became the 36th Governor of Bihar in August 2015. His appointment had surprised many state leaders and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had voiced his displeasure over not being consulted.
3. Ram Nath Kovind is the former president of BJP Dalit Morcha. He has also served as the BJP national spokesperson of the party.
5. Mr Kovind is married to Savita Kovind and has a son and a daughter.
6. He has also been a member of several Parliamentary Committees, including the committee on Welfare of Scheduled Castes/Tribes, Social Justice and Empowerment, and Law and Justice.
7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi later tweeted:
Shri Ram Nath Kovind, a farmer's son, comes from a humble background. He devoted his life to public service & worked for poor & marginalised-Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) June 19, 2017
For the latest News & Live Updates on Election Results from each assembly constituency in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mizoram, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for updates.