New Delhi: Union Environment Minister Prakash Javdekar addressing the press conference on India's 'Intended Nationally Determined Contribution' towards climate justice.
Following are the highlights of the event:
- Our climate goals are comprehensive and balanced.
- We aim to reduce emissions intensity of GDP by 33-35 per cent.
- India's per capita emissions in 2030 shall be lower than current global average.
- We aim to achieve 40 per cent of electric power installed base capacity from non-fossil fuel by 2030.
- India has decided to anchor a global solar alliance.
- Another important goal is to secure new sources of funds in climate change action.
- The world as a whole, including the developed world, needs to act more ambitiously towards climate change.