- "Our weavers need a global market and that will enhance their economic prospects significantly," PM Modi said after inaugurating a facilitation centre for weavers in Varanasi.
- On his 11th visit to the temple town since he came to office in 2014, PM Modi will launch or inaugurate projects worth nearly 1,000 crore.
- PM Modi started his visit from a trade facilitation centre for handicrafts at Bada Lalpur, called Deendayal Hastkala Sankul after RSS ideologue Deendayal Upadhyaya. The, centre complete with a convention hall, has been built at a cost of Rs 300 crore to give the city's weavers and artisans a marketing platform.
- Banking services of the Utkarsh Bank that specialises in micro finance will also be inaugurated by the Prime Minister. He will also unveil a plaque to mark the laying of foundation stone of the bank's headquarters.
- Mahamana Express train, with plush interiors built under PM Modi's Make in India initiative, is named after former Hindu Mahasabha president Madan Mohan Malviya, also addressed as 'Mahamana'.
- After a meeting with local BJP leaders, PM Modi will stop by at the Durga Mata Temple and the historic Tulsi Manas Temple in the city to seek blessings. He will also release a postal stamp on "Ramayana".
- Tomorrow, PM Modi will briefly participate in a sanitation-related activity in the village of Shahanshahpur and distribute certificates to beneficiaries of the PM's housing scheme and address the gathering.
- PM Modi on Saturday will inaugurate 'Pashu Arogya Mela' in Shahanshahpur on the outskirts of the city. He will also address a gathering of farmers there.
- The Prime Minister will dedicate to the nation a community kitchen ('Annakshetra') near the famous Kashi Vishwanath temple, Varanasi Divisional Commissioner Nitin Ramesh Gokarn said.
- The visit comes weeks before the Lok Sabha elections to two seats - Gorakhpur and Phulpur - vacated by Chief Minister Adityanath and his deputy Keshav Maurya.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.