Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a tri-state visit to Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu today where he launches several development projects and kick off the BJP's Lok Sabha campaign. This is the first time the Prime Minister was in Andhra Pradesh after the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) broke ties with the NDA government last year. PM Modi visited Guntur in Andhra Pradesh, Raichur in Karnataka and Tiruppur in Tamil Nadu. The TDP, Congress and Left parties have all carried out big protests across Andhra Pradesh. Hoardings saying 'Go Back Modi', 'Never Again Modi' were reportedly put up near the Vijayawada airport in Andhra Pradesh, but were removed after the BJP protested.
At a rally in Tirupur, PM Modi targeted the Opposition and said, "Friends in the opposition are very funny". He also said middlemen are no longer roaming the corridors of power, a jibe at VVIP AgustaWestland helicopter accused Christian Michel.
PM Modi also unveiled development projects in the twin cities of Hubballi and Dharwad, twin cities in Karnataka. He also addressed a BJP convention. He laid the foundation stone of the Indian Institute of Technology, Dharwad and dedicate the city distribution project in Dharwad.
Here are the Updates on PM Narendra Modi's visit to Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka today:
- We miss the presence of Shri Anant Kumar ji who always worked for the development of Karnataka and the welfare of the poor
- Karnataka chief minister appears to be a punching bag for all. Everyone is challenging him and it's difficult to figure out who is the in charge of the state. They want to impose the same 'Mazboor' model on the entire country
- Congress never leaves an opportunity to belittle our army. Few days ago, one of the Congress leader used inexcusable language for the Army chief
- By 2022, we are aiming to achieve housing for all and working in this direction 1.3 crore houses have already been built in the last four years
- Today the entire world is talking about the development of India. This development is possible due to the strength and skill of the people of India
- Middlemen are no longer roaming the corridors of power
- Friends in the opposition are very funny. They claim that that Modi government are a failure. The opposition still keep looking to make alliances. This is adulteration.
- Opposition's political culture of abusing PM Modi may give them some space in television but the elections are fought on one's vision for the nation, not slander and attack
- The opposition is only good at spreading panic. Time and again they have tried to mislead the farmers, poor and youngsters of the nation
- I bow to the land of Tiruppur. This land stands for bravery. It is the land of Tiruppur Kumaran who sacrificed his life for the National Flag. This land belongs to Dheeran Chinnamalai whose bravery motivates the entire country.
- NaMo merchandise, t-shirts and hoodies with a message of "NaMo Again" are manufactured in this beloved Tiruppur
- After the completion of the integrated building at Trichy airport which was inaugurated few moments ago, 3,000 passengers be facilitated at this airport in the peak hours
- In the recent Union Budget, historic scheme of Pradhan Mantri Shramyogi Jan Dhan Yojana was announced to safeguard the well being of those brothers and sisters who work in factories, mills, companies and small industries
With the inauguration of another 10km stretch of Chennai Metro by PM @narendramodi today, the total length of metro network in the country has now reached 585 kms.- Hardeep Singh Puri (@HardeepSPuri) February 10, 2019
140 kms has now been inaugurated in 2018-19 alone, while another 60 kms will be operational by March '19. pic.twitter.com/7ruUEWm5wu
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is visiting Andhra Pradesh for the first time after the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) broke out of an alliance with the BJP last year. PM Modi landed in Vijaywada's Gannavaram airport, where he was received by the Governor. The TDP, Congress and Left parties are protesting and large posters of "No more Modi" and "Modi never again" have already come up across the state.
On providing clean fuel in the country, PM Modi said while in 60 years, only 12 crore gas connections were given, the NDA government had given 13 crore gas connections in just four years.
Governor ESL Narasimhan, senior BJP leaders received PM Modi at the Gannavaram Airport at Vijayawada.
He later flew in a helicopter to Guntur where he will launch the projects and address a rally.
Wearing black dresses and carrying black flags, the protesters took to the streets early Sunday morning, according to IANS.
Mr Modi is coming to Karnataka today.- Dinesh Gundu Rao (@dineshgrao) February 10, 2019
I demand he replies to these 7 questions I've posed on issues concerning injustice to Karnataka.
I would be visiting three states today.- Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) February 10, 2019
Shall be addressing rallies in Guntur (Andhra Pradesh), Tiruppur (Tamil Nadu) and Hubballi (Karnataka).
You can watch the programmes on the NaMo App.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to visit Andhra Pradesh for the first time after the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) pulled out of the NDA last year. PM Modi is scheduled to visit Guntur, Tiruppur and Raichur today. Ahead of PM Modi's visit, the TDP, Congress and Left parties have planned big protests and large posters of "No more Modi" and "Modi never again" have already come up across the state.