"Mann ki Baat" is broadcast on the last Sunday of every month at 11 am.
India is taking massive steps towards economic progress, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said today, pointing to the $400 billion worth exports by the country. "New products from India being exported to new destinations, 'Made in India' products now more visible abroad. It signifies country's potential and capability," PM Modi said while addressing his monthly radio programme 'Mann Ki Baat'. This is PM Modi's first radio programme after winning assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa.
Earlier on Friday, PM Modi on his official Twitter Handle shared a concise booklet that showcased the interesting aspects of last month's Mann Ki Baat episode including interviews with some of those who were featured.
"Mann ki Baat" is the Prime Minister's monthly radio address, which is broadcast on the last Sunday of every month at 11 am.
The first episode of Mann Ki Baat was broadcast on October 3, 2014.
Here are the Highlights from PM Modi's Mann Ki Baat:
- India is taking massive steps towards economic progress. India is now thinking big and working to realise that vision.
- Indian exports crossing USD 400 billion has filled us with pride, it signifies country's potential & capability.
- New products from India being exported to new destinations, 'Made in India' products now more visible abroad.
- When every Indian becomes vocal for local then it does not take long for local products to go global.
- I applaud our farmers, youngsters, MSMEs.
- Earlier it was believed only big people could sell products to the Government but the GeM Portal has changed this, illustrating the spirit of a New India.
- In the recently concluded Padma awards, you must have seen Baba Sivananda, everybody was surprised by looking at his vigour and fitness. His health is a topic of discussion in the country. He has a passion for Yoga.
- One of the encouraging trends in the recent years is the rise and success of several start-ups and enterprises in the AYUSH sector.
- How many of know about a fair in the coastal part of Gujarat which is a manifestation of a spirit of Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat!
- I come from Gujarat which faces water scarcity. Stepwells are crucial in Gujarat for water. 'Jal Mandir Yojana' was a turning point in water conservation & in rejuvenating stepwells. It did help in increasing water levels in many areas.
- I feel honoured to have gone to the Panch Teerth associated with Dr. Ambedkar. I would also urge you all to visit these inspiring places.
- Let us further girl child education and strengthen women empowerment.