Here are the live updates of PM Narendra Modi's rally and roadshow in Gujarat's Vadnagar:
Gujarat's Vadnagar today welcomed Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who made his first visit to his hometown since taking over the top job in the country at the head of a colourful roadshow. The Prime Minister was in Vadnagar to inaugurate a multi-speciality hospital and address a rally." itemprop="description
- The Antyodaya Express is a commendable initiative by the Railway Ministry
- It connects people and particularly helps those who are from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and work away from their home
- Antyodaya Express makes it easier for people from UP and Bihar to go home for Chhath Puja
PM Modi also visited his school where he knelt and touched his forehead to the ground. He also offered prayers at the Hatkeshwar Mahadev Temple.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was given a grand welcome as he visited his hometown Vadnagar. Local residents cheered for him from the streets and on top of buildings nearby. They showered him with flowers and rose petals. Narendra Modi, who was raised in Vadnagar, returned to his hometown for the first time since becoming prime minister.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was given a grand welcome as he visited his hometown Vadnagar. As people cheered for him, he stood out of his Range Rover SUV and waived to the crowd. People showered him with flowers and rose petals.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a rally in his hometown Vadnagar today. Here are the highlights of his speech:
- Coming back to one's home town and receiving such a warm welcome is special. Whatever I am today is due to the values I have learnt on this soil, among you all in Vadnagar. Whatever I am today, it is because of the soil of this land and blessings from you all.
- I go back with your blessings and assure you that I will work even harder for the nation.
- I am happy that I have got to inaugurate projects relating to the health sector, particularly Intensified 'Mission Indradhanush'
- We brought prices of stents down. Work is constantly being done to make healthcare affordable for the poor. I urge you all to make 'Mission Indradhanush' a part of your lives, so that your child or children are safe and get proper medical attention.
- During this visit and the previous one, I have had the opportunity and good fortunate to inaugurate some big and crucial projects that will benefit Gujarat greatly.
- The government in the state is doing a stellar job to ensure that Gujarat develops at a rapid pace. They are working hard to ensure you all get the maximum benefits. I thank the state government for all their efforts.
- Today I met youngsters from a medical college. We as a society require more doctors who can serve people.
- Education, skill, science and technology is what will take India forward to a ensure a bright future for the coming generations and the nation as a whole.
Gujarat's Vadnagar today welcomed Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who made his first visit to his hometown since taking over the top job in the country at the head of a colourful roadshow. The Prime Minister was in Vadnagar to inaugurate a multi-speciality hospital and address a rally.
PM Modi also shared a video this morning showcasing the vibrant atmosphere in Vadnagar ahead of his visit:
Vibrant atmosphere in Vadnagar in the run-up to the Prime Minister's visit. pic.twitter.com/z4y7aI5DFb- PMO India (@PMOIndia) October 8, 2017
Vadnagar, Narendra Modi's hometown, celebrated in festive style as its boy returned as Prime Minister. From firecrackers to 'Aarti', the small town in eastern Gujarat came alive.
Pictures from Vadnagar, the hometown of the Prime Minister, on the eve of his visit. pic.twitter.com/PegYt5aYLp- PMO India (@PMOIndia) October 7, 2017
The prime minister will inaugurate a medical college and a hospital, and a new building at the local railway station in hometown Vadnagar today, officials said. There will also be an exhibition of photos at the canteen of the local railway station where the prime minister's father used to prepare tea. Narendra Modi in his childhood would often help his father and paternal uncle, and also deliver tea to train passengers.
(File Photo - Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressing a rally)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a two-day visit to his home state Gujarat, during which he inaugurated various infrastructure projects. On the second day of his visit today, PM Modi went to Vadnagar, his birth place, for the first time since becoming the prime minister in 2014.
For all the highlights of 'Day 1' of Prime Minister's two-day visit to Gujarat, click here.