"Rs 15 lakh to be transferred in your bank accounts was a lie," he said.
Congress President Rahul Gandhi said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has not fulfilled his promises made during the Lok Sabha elections in 2014. Mr Gandhi said the NYAY Scheme makes financial stress, and will not be implemented rashly. Addressing a rally in Haryana, Mr Gandhi said: "Rs 15 lakh to be transferred in your bank accounts was a lie. I don't lie like PM Narendra Modi".
Mr Gandhi's sister, Priyanka Gandhi, meanwhile is on a three-day tour in Uttar Pradesh. The Congress general secretary slammed BJP for its "anti-BJP" approach and said I went to Varanasi and asked the people if there has been any development? What all has the PM done in his own constituency? The reply I got was that nothing has been done. In 5 years, the prime minister has not found the time to visit his own constituency as he should have, he has done nothing for the people in his own constituency, let alone the people across the rest of the country. The prime minister finds time to travel the world from US to Japan, China to Africa, but he doesn't have time for his own people. This shows the mindset of the prime minister and his party. They work only for the benefit of a handful of businessmen and industrialists, but has not got the time for the poor, the needy, the farmers.
Earlier in the day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the BJP's election campaign in eastern part of the country with a rally Odisha's Koraput district. The prime minister claimed that both the ruling Biju Janta Dal and Congress have not worked towards the development of the state. "Odisha is rich in natural resources but people are poor. This situation proves that the Congress and BJD have failed to develop Odisha," he said.
In his twitter post written in Odia language, PM Modi said the ruling BJD has failed to meet the aspirations of the people while the Congress was unable to emerge as a credible opposition. From Odisha, the prime minister will travel to the two Telugu states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Here are the live updates on Lok Sabha election-related news:
Rahul Gandhi Addresses Rally In Yamunanagar. Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Rs 15 lakh to be transferred in your bank accounts but it was a lie. I don't lie like PM Narendra Modi.
Rahul Gandhi Addresses Rally In Yamunanagar.
BJP has money for businessmen, not for poor: Priyanka Gandhi
- The BJP has not left any institution in the country. They want power only to themselves, they do not want other, especially you all to have any power or say... this government is anti-democracy, anti-people, anti-institutions, and can go to any extent for power. You all should see this as a warning.
- This government does not have the time or the capability to listen to the voice of the people... they only cater to big businessmen. I have said this earlier too that chowkidars are only seen outside the homes of the rich, not near the homes of the poor or farmers....
- But no matter what they do, one thing is certain, that the truth can never be hidden. Sooner or later it comes out...
"PM Modi has ignored his own constituency," says Priyanka Gandhi
The BJP is an janata-virodhi (anti-people), kisan-virodhi (anti-farmer) government. I am seeing it every day... so many people have come to me and said come and see the state in which we live.
I went to Varanasi and asked the people if there has been any development? What all has the PM done in his own constituency? The reply I got was that nothing has been done.
In 5 years, the prime minister has not found the time to visit his own constituency as he should have... he has done nothing for the people in his own constituency, let alone the people across the rest of the country.
This is not a small thing... this is a very big thing.... The prime minister finds time to travel the world from US to Japan, China to Africa, but he doesn't have time for his own people. This shows the mindset of the prime minister and his party. They work only for the benefit of a handful of businessmen and industrialists, but has not got the time for the poor, the needy, the farmers...
It is time for you all to think very hard about who you have given your vote to...
Lok Sabha Elections2019: Congress Drops Amarmani Tripathi Daughter Tanushree Tripathi, Picks Supriya Shrinate, TV Anchor
As parties announce their candidates for the April-May national election, a curious case emerged in Uttar Pradesh when a candidate was named by two parties in the same constituency."
The Congress last evening announced Tanushree Tripathi for the Maharajganj seat in eastern Uttar Pradesh, around 300 km from Lucknow. Tanushree, 27, is the daughter of Amarmani Tripathi, a former UP minister jailed in the Madhumita Shukla murder.
Tanushree Tripathi had also been named a week ago as a candidate of the Pragatisheel Samajwadi Party, the breakaway outfit led by Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav's estranged uncle Shivpal Yadav.
The Congress today corrected the error and replaced her with Supriya Shrinate, a television anchor who has quit her job to focus on her election debut.
Union Minister Arun Jaitley will address a press conference at 12:30 PM at BJP Headquarter.
Bihar grand alliance announces seats: RJD to contest in 19 seats, Congress in 9 seats
RLD: Nawada , Bhagalpur , Banka , Madhepura , Darbhanga , Vaishali , Gopalganj , Siwan , Maharajganj , Saran , Hajipur , Begusarai , Patliputra , Buzar , Jehanabad , Araria, Sitamarhi , Sheohar. The party will support CPI-ML in Arrah seat.
RLSP -karakat , West Champlain, East achamraoan, Ujjiarpur , Jamui .
Congress - Kishanganj , Katihar , Purnea , Samastipur , Supaul , Munger , Patna Sahib , Sasaram , Valmikinagar
Hindustani Awami Morcha -Nalanda, Gaya and Aurangabad
Sitting BJP MP from Etawah joins Congress
Congress President Rahul Gandhi welcomes Shri Ashok Kumar Dohre. The BJP had replaced Mr Dohre with Ram Shankar Katheria in the seat. Mr Katheria is the sitting BJP MP from Agra.
Odisha government deprived poor of their right for quality healthcare: PM
- In India, 1.5 lakh wellness centres are being built, mothers and infants are being vaccinated. However, people of Odisha aren't able to make the most of them.
- Odisha government refused to be part of Ayushman Yojana and thus deprived the poor of their right for quality healthcare.
- PM Kisan Yojana is providing financial assistance to the farmers. However, Odisha govt hasn't provided us with the list of eligible farmers.
- To provide employment to the youth and women, Self Help Groups are being empowered. Under MUDRA Yojana, they are being given collateral free loans.
- Two days ago Odisha, along with the rest of India witnessed something great. India has now become a space power and that is something that the world has now noticed. India is now even doing chowkidari even in space.
- Odisha became a witness of a historic moment that showed the world India's capability. India can now keep an eye in the space, too.
- It's about time to give an apt answer to people who are insulting the capabilities of our scientists and the armed forces.
Even after a month, Pakistan still busy counting bodies of terrorists killed in Balakot: PM Modi
- It is a month now, and Pakistan is still busy counting the bodies of terrorists killed, and they (opposition) keep asking for proof.
- By doing this they only insult our scientists and our soldiers. Tell me, do you want such people who insult our forces and our scientists?
- But while the world takes notice, and we all are proud of our scientists, there are those handful of people who are just always blaming, questioning, criticizing, insulting such feats.
- Five years ago, MSP was available for only 10 forest produces. It's been now increased to 50
- You all must have noticed the development on road infrastructure in the state.
- We are developing road infrastructure across Odisha and have ensure that there is seamless flow of funds to ensure that good roads reach the remotest villages in Odisha.
- I want to begin by saying that this maha gathbandhan or grand alliance in Bihar is unbreakable.
- We had already declared the seats for two phases of polls
- RJD is contesting in Nawada, Bhagalpur, Madhyapura, Banka, Darbhanga, Vaishali, Gopalganj, Siwan, Maharajganj, Saharan, Hajipur, Begusarai, Pataliputra, Basar, Jahanabad, Jhanjarpur, Sitawari
- We have decided to gve Arrah seat to CPI-ML as a goodwill gesture.
Bihar Grand Alliance Announces Seat-Sharing For Lok Sabha Election
RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav is announcing seats contested by the Grand Alliance in Bihar. His party is contesting in 19 seats.
Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra meets supporters in Amethi.
Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra has left for Ayodhya.
Congress fields actor Urmila Matondkar from Mumbai North Lok Sabha seat
The Congress has decided to field actor Urmila Matondkar from Mumbai-North parliamentary constituency. Urmila Matondkar joined the party on Wednesday.
BJP President Amit Shah will file nomination from Gandhinagar tomorrow. Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray is also expected to accompany the BJP leader to Gandhinagar. Amit Shah had called Uddhav Thackeray and invited him to Gandhinagar, which the latter accepted.
Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra is expected to reach Faizabad around 11.30 a.m. and meet party workers at several places in the temple town. She will then embark on the road show to Ayodhya.
Later she will pray at the Hanumangarhi temple before concluding her journey.
BJP legislator from Neemuch, Dilip Singh Parihar was arrested yesterday, on charges of violation of Model Code of Conduct, news agency ANI reported.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who began his election campaign yesterday in Meerut, will today travel to the eastern part of the country and address a rally in Odisha's Koraput district. From there, the prime minister will travel to the two Telugu states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
For all the news on yesterday's big news developments, click here