Congress President Rahul Gandhi said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has not fulfilled his promises made during the Lok Sabha elections in 2014. Mr Gandhi said the NYAY Scheme makes financial stress, and will not be implemented rashly. Addressing a rally in Haryana, Mr Gandhi said: "Rs 15 lakh to be transferred in your bank accounts was a lie. I don't lie like PM Narendra Modi".
Mr Gandhi's sister, Priyanka Gandhi, meanwhile is on a three-day tour in Uttar Pradesh. The Congress general secretary slammed BJP for its "anti-BJP" approach and said I went to Varanasi and asked the people if there has been any development? What all has the PM done in his own constituency? The reply I got was that nothing has been done. In 5 years, the prime minister has not found the time to visit his own constituency as he should have, he has done nothing for the people in his own constituency, let alone the people across the rest of the country. The prime minister finds time to travel the world from US to Japan, China to Africa, but he doesn't have time for his own people. This shows the mindset of the prime minister and his party. They work only for the benefit of a handful of businessmen and industrialists, but has not got the time for the poor, the needy, the farmers.
Earlier in the day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the BJP's election campaign in eastern part of the country with a rally Odisha's Koraput district. The prime minister claimed that both the ruling Biju Janta Dal and Congress have not worked towards the development of the state. "Odisha is rich in natural resources but people are poor. This situation proves that the Congress and BJD have failed to develop Odisha," he said.
In his twitter post written in Odia language, PM Modi said the ruling BJD has failed to meet the aspirations of the people while the Congress was unable to emerge as a credible opposition. From Odisha, the prime minister will travel to the two Telugu states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Here are the live updates on Lok Sabha election-related news:
- The BJP has not left any institution in the country. They want power only to themselves, they do not want other, especially you all to have any power or say... this government is anti-democracy, anti-people, anti-institutions, and can go to any extent for power. You all should see this as a warning.
- This government does not have the time or the capability to listen to the voice of the people... they only cater to big businessmen. I have said this earlier too that chowkidars are only seen outside the homes of the rich, not near the homes of the poor or farmers....
- But no matter what they do, one thing is certain, that the truth can never be hidden. Sooner or later it comes out...
The Commission has yet to get the analysis of the Committee of Officers on the matter. It may be recalled that on 27th March the Commission had constituted the Committee to examine the matter of PM's address to the Nation on electronic media in light of Model Code of Conduct.- Sheyphali Sharan (@SpokespersonECI) March 29, 2019
- In India, 1.5 lakh wellness centres are being built, mothers and infants are being vaccinated. However, people of Odisha aren't able to make the most of them.
- Odisha government refused to be part of Ayushman Yojana and thus deprived the poor of their right for quality healthcare.
- PM Kisan Yojana is providing financial assistance to the farmers. However, Odisha govt hasn't provided us with the list of eligible farmers.
- To provide employment to the youth and women, Self Help Groups are being empowered. Under MUDRA Yojana, they are being given collateral free loans.
- Two days ago Odisha, along with the rest of India witnessed something great. India has now become a space power and that is something that the world has now noticed. India is now even doing chowkidari even in space.
- Odisha became a witness of a historic moment that showed the world India's capability. India can now keep an eye in the space, too.
- It's about time to give an apt answer to people who are insulting the capabilities of our scientists and the armed forces.
- It is a month now, and Pakistan is still busy counting the bodies of terrorists killed, and they (opposition) keep asking for proof.
- By doing this they only insult our scientists and our soldiers. Tell me, do you want such people who insult our forces and our scientists?
- But while the world takes notice, and we all are proud of our scientists, there are those handful of people who are just always blaming, questioning, criticizing, insulting such feats.
- Five years ago, MSP was available for only 10 forest produces. It's been now increased to 50
- You all must have noticed the development on road infrastructure in the state.
- We are developing road infrastructure across Odisha and have ensure that there is seamless flow of funds to ensure that good roads reach the remotest villages in Odisha.
- I want to begin by saying that this maha gathbandhan or grand alliance in Bihar is unbreakable.
- We had already declared the seats for two phases of polls
- RJD is contesting in Nawada, Bhagalpur, Madhyapura, Banka, Darbhanga, Vaishali, Gopalganj, Siwan, Maharajganj, Saharan, Hajipur, Begusarai, Pataliputra, Basar, Jahanabad, Jhanjarpur, Sitawari
- We have decided to gve Arrah seat to CPI-ML as a goodwill gesture.
Schedule of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi's mega rallies in Odisha, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh on 29 March 2019. #ModiSpeaksToBharat- PM Narendra Modi Supporters (@PMPradhanSevak) March 29, 2019
Watch LIVE at