Wardha is among the eight districts selected for PM Modi's election rallies in Maharashtra.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today hit out at the Congress for calling him "Shauchalaya ka Chowkidar", saying "I wear their abuse as a badge of honour". Addressing a public meeting in Maharashtra's Wardha, PM Modi said that the Congress-Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) alliance in the state was like "Kumbhakarna"; they took turns to sleep for six months. Wardha is among the eight districts that have been selected for PM Modi's election rallies in Maharashtra where voting in total 48 Lok Sabha seats will be held in four phases starting April 11, news agency PTI said. From Maharashtra, the prime minister will travel south to the two Telugu states - Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
PM Modi's political opponent Rahul Gandhi, meanwhile, addressed three election rallies at Zaheerabad, Wanaparthi and Huzurnagar. On Sunday, Congress President Rahul Gandhi promised special status to Andhra Pradesh if the party came to power. "Special status to Andhra Pradesh was a commitment from the Prime Minister of India and not Manmohan Singh of the Congress," Rahul Gandhi in his first rally in the state at Vijaywada.
With just ten days left for polling, BJP president Amit Shah and party's other top leaders, including Union Ministers Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj and Nitin Gadkari, are also expected to campaign for the party nominees in coming days.
Here are the highlights on Lok Sabha election-related news:
PM Modi Addresses Rally at Secunderabad, Telangana. He says:
- I want to thank Hyderabad. When BJP chose me as its PM probable, you people had blessed me in this very stadium. Namumkin is now mumkin, people of this region have had a huge rule to play in this. Want to thank middle-class voters too. My duty is to keep your interests in mind, to work towards your dreams. EMIs have gone down.
- Earlier, there was no scheme under which middle class families could easily build a home. Congress could not contain rising prices
- Now, Salaried class and small traders have been benefited.
- You all need to be careful. If on April 11, there is a mistake, if "mahamilavat" gets a chance in elections, they will take it all away
"U-Turn Babu Has Been Using Polavaram As His ATM, Backstabbing Farmers": PM Modi
PM Modi addressing rally says:
- First of all, I want to thank the public of Andhra Pradesh from the land of Krishna and Godavari. Whatever I have been able to accomplish in five years, it is only due to the blessings you all have showered upon me, PM Modi
- Two days before, I was in Rayalaseema. Today I am in Godavari to take blessings of you all. Thanking you all to present in such large number even in this scorching heat.
- With the help of you all honest taxpayers, we have taken steps to strengthen agriculture, education, connectivity and industrial infrastructure in Rajahmundry and Andhra Pradesh.
- NDA government is committed to the all-round development of Andhra Pradesh.
- We have taken up so many infrastructure projects in Andhra Pradesh including the modernization and upgradation of airports because of sincere taxpayer. I salute them for their contribution.
- We understand the importance of Polavaram Project for you all. We have declared this project as of National Importance in first Cabinet meeting. We insured at every level that, any Hindrance should not take place in this.
- Even by reducing burden of taxes on middle classes we have been able to increase the budget on infrastructure and necessary projects. Compare this with Congress party which has said in 2013 that there is no money for Rafale deal.
- NDA govt declared Polavaram as national project and have given Andhra Pradesh govt Rs. 7000 crore, keeping in view the importance of the project. But, Chandrababu Naidu has used the project for their corruption
- U-turn Babu has been using Polavaram as his ATM and backstabbing the farmers and people here.
Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh files nomination from Mainpuri.
UPA, if it comes to power, will spend six per cent of GDP, on education: Rahul Gandhi
"Did your CM ever raise the Rafale issue? Did he ever say 'chowkidar chor hai
'? It's a partnership, TRS and their MPs help Narendra Modi. Fight is against PM Modi and BJP, only Congress is fighting, not TRS, whole country knows."
Congress President Rahul Gandhi is addressing a rally in Zaheerabad, Telangana.
The BJP releases list of candidates contesting Lok Sabha elections in Odisha
Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh with son, Akhilesh Yadav, on their way to file nomination in Mainpuri.
Our government is finishing stuck projects
- We are working tirelessly to serve the farmers...
- Congress-NCP alliance looted the farmers in the state, were involved in irrigation scam
- The drought in Vidarbha is because of Congress.
PM hits out at Congress-NCP alliance
- NCP is facing a tough time. Even during ticket distribution, they didn't knew where to contest.
- NCP, Congress alliance in Maharashtra is like Kumbhkaran... when they are in power, they take turns to sleep for six months.
- There was a time when Sharad Pawar used to think that he could become the prime minister. But then one fine day, he decided otherwise... He also knows which direction the wind blows.
"Congress is insulting the Chowkidars who are working towards the Swachchta mission. They claim that PM Modi has just done "chowkidari" of toilets. When you call me a chowkidar of toilets.. it also means that am guarding so many women and girls of the country"
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing a rally in Wardha, Maharashtra.
From Maharashtra, the prime minister will travel to Andhra Pradesh, where he is expected to address two rallies.
Wardha is among the eight districts that have been selected for PM Modi's election rallies in Maharashtra where voting in total 48 Lok Sabha seats will be held in four phases
starting April 11, news agency PTI said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will today campaign for BJP and Shiv Sena candidates in Wardha today.
For all the developments on election-related news yesterday, click here