Here are the highlights of Jordan's King Abdullah II India visit:
Truly humbled by the warmth and generosity of the people of India. Thank you, President Kovind and PM @narendramodi, for a productive visit. Jordan counts India as a vital partner and a true friend. We look forward to advancing our economic ties and partnership- عبدالله بن الحسين (@KingAbdullahII) March 1, 2018
Agreements exchanged between India and Jordan in the presence of PM Narendra Modi and King Abdullah II of Jordan.
Jordan King Abdullah II meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Delhi's Hyderabad House.
Jordan King Abdullah II addresses at the Vigyan Bhawan:
- Different groups and ethnic groups have lived in unity. Faith allows us to prosper and thrive.
- Where did human diversity begin, it began with a male and female.
- To understand each other, to act righteously in the sight of god, the faith shared by Muslims around the world.
- Qualities like leadership were passed on to me by my father.
- It's my highest priority is to secure a future for all, including my neighbours and hosting refugees.
- The world is one big family and we have shraed responsibilities. Both Muslims and Hindus live together.
- Our values require us to act together for our future.
- We need to take back the voices of hatred from airwaves, internet. We need to make youth understand and learn values of religion.
- Share ideas for a bright future, we need to build successful countries to deliver our great promise of a future of prosperity, peace.
- Let's all reach out to each other, muslim or non-muslim to ensure no one is excluded from that promise.
PM Modi addresses at the Vigyan Bhawan:
- Difficult to describe in words your (Jordanian king) role in establishing Islam's identity.
- Your nation and our friend country is situated on a land from where the message of god was sent out across the globe.
- Whether it's Buddha or Mahatma Gandhi, the message of peace was spread from here. It's been the land of Sufism. India has creating an identity while considering the whole world as one family.
- We are trying to take everybody along on the road ahead, on the road to success, to happiness
- Focus not only on their success but also on their overall development, which is possible only if they value their traditions.
- Muslim youth have Quran in one hand and computer in the other.
- Modernity with tradition go hand in hand.
- We would like to create awareness with the help of different leaders from all over the world. India would walk with you in your fight against terrorism.
- Thankful to you for accepting our invitation.
Looking forward to meeting His Majesty King Abdullah II today. We will take part in a conference on 'Islamic Heritage: Promoting Understanding and Moderation' at 10:30 this morning in Delhi. After that, we shall be holding talks aimed at boosting India-Jordan relations.- Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 1, 2018
Jordanian King Abdullah II pays tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat in Delhi.
King Abdullah II receives ceremonial reception at the Rashtrapati Bhawan in Delhi.