Hyderabad recorded 42.4 degrees on Sunday. North Telangana witnessed heatwave conditions.
New Delhi: It's only mid-April and temperatures continue to soar well into the forties across the country. Parts of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are facing a heatwave with the mercury hovering above 40 degrees. In Rajasthan too, severe heat wave conditions have disrupted normal life. The Met department has warned of similar conditions in Telangana and parts of west and north India.
Here is your 10-point guide to this story:
- On Sunday, while it was 42.4 degrees in Hyderabad, Adilabad and Nizamabad districts in north Telangana recorded 44 degrees. To be precise, Adilabad is facing the highest temperature of 44.4 degrees. It was a little over 43 degrees in Ramagundam in Telangana on Sunday.
- The weather department has warned of similar heat wave conditions in parts of north Telangana this morning as well.
- The India Meteorological Department or IMD said the maximum temperature is likely to be above normal by two to four degrees and above 42 degrees at isolated places in north Telangana and above 40 degrees at many places today.
- Sriganganagar in Rajasthan was the hottest place in the state with maximum temperature of 46 degrees.
- In Delhi too, the temperature hovered just below the 40 degree mark.
- The weather monitoring agency has also issued a heatwave alert for Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab and Haryana.
- Intense heat waves swept many parts of Haryana and Punjab, with Narnaul turning out to be the hottest at 44.3 degrees Celsius.
- On the other hand, the Met department has warned of thunderstorm in Bihar, West Bengal, Assam and Meghalaya. It may rain in parts of Odisha due to cyclonic storm Maarutha.
- Heatwave conditions are likely in the lower reaches of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh ,and Uttarakhand during next 3-4 days, according to the Met Department.
- In the end of March, Bhira, a village in Maharashtra's Raigad district was at the centre of a controversy over the right temperature. A local mapping centre in the village recorded an unusually high temperature of 46.5 degrees. The Met department, however, doubted this and decided to send its team from Mumbai to verify the temperature.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.