Dehradun: Uttarakhand's leader Harish Rawat speak to the media after the congress returned to power as the Supreme Court quashed President's rule in the state.
Here are the highlights of his address:
- I am not the Chief Minister at the moment, I don't need security.
- Judiciary has come forth as an educator of the Constitution, want to thank Supreme Court and High Court.
- The Supreme Court and the High Court are the final educators of democratic values.
- My party workers are the ultimate masters of the show.
- I also wish to thank the Government of India and the Attorney General.
- I am thankful to the Attorney General and the government of India for assurance in court of revocation of President's rule. Hope the notification is issued soon.
- I have said this in the past and I am saying this today that we may be a small state, but our aspirations are large.
- After my cabinet is restored, will meet Sonia Gandhi & Rahulto thank them for their unconditional support.
- I also thank Mayawati for supporting us.
- I will also meet PM Modi and Finance Minister and will tell them that the state of Uttarakhand needs your support.
- I will also them that we want to work closely with the Centre as a determined partner.
- We will call for a cabinet meeting today. We will act once the notification comes in.
- Want to thank & tell my friends in BJP, let us forget the past experience and begin a new chapter.