Rivaba Jadeja, the wife of cricketer Ravindra Jadeja, is BJP's face from the Jamnagar North constituency in the Gujarat Assembly Elections. The ruling party in the state has named 160 candidates in the first list.
Rivaba Jadeja will contest against Congress' Bipendrasinh Chatursinh Jadeja.
Here are five important points about Rivaba Jadeja:
– Rivaba Jadeja will be contesting her maiden elections in the Gujarat polls. She has replaced legislator Dharmendrasinh M Jadeja who won the Jamnagar North seat in the 2017 Gujarat Assembly elections.
– She is related to Congress veteran leader Hari Singh Solanki and belongs to a family with Rajput heritage and ex-royal lineage.
– She has been an active politician in the Jamnagar-Saurashtra region and joined BJP in 2019. Ahead of the Gujarat polls this year, Rivaba Jadeja has been drumming up support by touring villages in her constituency.
– Rivaba Jadeja has also been a member of the Rajput outfit, Karni Sena.
– Rivaba Jadeja holds a degree in mechanical engineering. She married Ravindra Jadeja in 2016.