In a bid to woo voters just before the fifth phase, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing a rally in Pratapgarh area of Rajasthan. He will also be addressing a rally in Basti in Uttar Pradesh and then in Valmiki Nagar in Bihar.
In the fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections, 51 seats will vote in seven states on May 6.
The constituencies of Bihar that will vote in this phase are Sitamarhi, Madhubani, Muzaffarpur, Saran and Hajipur. Whereas the seats going to polls in Rajasthan are Ganganagar, Bikaner, Churu, Jhunjhunu, Sikar, Jaipur Rural, Jaipur, Alwar, Bharatpur, Karauli-Dholpur, Dausa and Nagaur.
Dhaurahra,Sitapur, Mohanlalganj, Lucknow, Raebareli, Amethi, Banda, Fatehpur, Kaushambi, Barabanki, Faizabad, Bahraich, Kaiserganj, Gonda are the seats that will witness polling in Uttar Pradesh.
Apart from Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan, other states which will vote in this phase include Jammu and Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Jharkhand.
Here are the live updates of Narendra Modi's rallies in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar:
- The great land of Bihar, has given great power to the country always against the injustice and tyranny. Today I can say with pride that even the people of Champaran and Bihar have shown the way for mass movement towards cleanliness in the country
- Be Congress, be RJD, they have a vision of name and price only. This is the reason that lies and manifestation politics have become the only way to save them
- To create a distinction in society, they have been spreading lies for years in the name of reservations. The Atal ji's government had given their right to the Tharu society and the present NDA government gave poor families We were given a 10% reservation for the poor of the general category, without pretending to be someone else's rights
- Our government is doing extensive work for farmers, businessmen, employees, workers, every section
- We are committed to double the income of farmers by year 2022. We have fulfilled the promise of one and a half times the price of support to the farmer
- Special emphasis is being given on the availability of electricity in Bihar. They are trying to push you towards the lantern era, but Nitish ji and all his teammates are busy converting Bihar with the light of the LED
- Our policy is to eliminate terrorism and Naxalism
- We will help get rid of terror and those helping terrorists will be killed