French President Francois Hollande met actor Aishwarya Rai at an event hosted by the French Ambassador in Delhi.
India likely to undertake Mangalyaan-2 in 2021
Indo French co-operation envisaged in India's forthcoming Oceansat Satellite.
- Both leaders conveyed the welcome to conclusion of the acquisition of Rafale. Though some financial issues remain to be closed.
- On the nuclear side, the big development is the fact that we have agreed at Jaitapur, that we will collaborate to build 6 reactors.
President Hollande on Rafale deal:
- We are working on the deal, these same jets are fighting ISIS
- Signing of inter-governmental agreement is a decisive step
- There remain some financial issues that will be sorted out in a couple of days
"We will be determined to strike ISIS which is threatening to kill our children," President Hollande
- I am proud to celebrate with you the birth anniversary of your Constitution
- PM Modi's actions in the Paris Climate Summit were most welcome
- India and France are aware of terror threats because both our countries have been targeted over the past few months.
- France will never forget Indian support.
- We know who hit us - Daesh. Daesh is claiming their crimes.
Here are the highlights:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi:
- President Hollande is a very close friend of India
- India is privileged to share one of its oldest and most trusted strategic partnerships with France
- Our 67th Republic Day will be the fifth time a French President will be Chief Guest and the first time a country's troops march with ours
Urbanisation is gaining pace in India and that is why are working on Smart Cities Project: PM Modi
1) Like global warming mankind is troubled with terrorism
2) France has stood its ground, to its ideas even in the face of tragedy (Paris attacks)
3) To call the world at its doors right after such a huge tragedy, was an huge gesture
5)France and India believe in values of humankind
6) We will be united in our fight against enemies of humanity
7) President Hollande is correct that terrorism is a challenge, just like global warming
8) Defence is also a very important matter. And now, it is not only about the battlefield. Cyber security is becoming vital
1) You (President Hollande) have a natural connection with Chandigarh
2) President Hollande's excitement and commitment to work with India is apparent from his every word
3)We worked with him in Paris COP21
4)And the way the people took it forward in Paris, it deserves applause
5) And the way the people took it forward in Paris, it deserves applause
6) President gives a lot of credit to India, for raising issues of climate justice, sustainable lifestyle, a dialogue with environment
7)He postponed a meeting for me, took me in confidence and then declared the outcome. It was a unprecedented gesture
8)India's skilled manpower can be a major source of strength. Our skilled manpower can bring down costs and improve quality
9)In such a short span of time, India's 'Ease of Doing Business' rankings improved substantially
10)World has accepted India as a good investment destination
French PM at Business Meet
This is an extraordinary visit, not my first
First time french troops will also march on the occasion of India's Republic Day
Want to consolidate strategic partnership with India, implement decisions taken during PM Modi's visit to France
1) Glad to welcome President Hollande in the city built by the great Le Corbusier
2) I've had the opportunity of meeting President 5 times in the last year.
3) India is a source of hope and confidence for the entire world community
4) India is the fastest growing economy in the world. We have the labour and the market for your products.
5) Our strategic partnership is not just between Paris & New Delhi. It is with each and every one of you
Defence, Green Economy, Smart Cities, Infrastructure, Transportation, Water and Financial Sector
Some of Chandigarh's most famous landmarks, like the Secretariat, the High Court are part of the Capitol complex as is the 'open hand' structure, that's synonymous with the city.
Mr Hollande will be the fifth French leader to be a Chief Guest at the Republic Day celebrations - the maximum number from any country. French leaders had earlier attended the Republic Day celebrations in the national capital in 1976, 1980, 1998 and 2008.
- Visit to Famous Rock Garden, Capitol Complex and Government Museum and Art Gallery
- PM Modi and Mr Hollande will attend the 'India-France Business Summit'
Kaptan Singh Solanki, the governor of Punjab and Haryana, received him at the Chandigarh airport.
This time, French soldiers will march down Rajpath along with Indian troops, a first for any foreign army
The Rafale deal is expected to come up when the two leaders hold talks on Monday. The jets are key to the $150-billion military modernisation drive Delhi has launched.
Indian and French negotiators are still haggling over the price of 36 Rafale fighter jets for the Indian Air Force.
The multi-billion dollar Rafale jet deal is on "right track" but agreeing on technicalities take time.
On India's demand for action by Pakistan in Pathankot terror attack case he said, India is fully justified to ask for justice against perpetrators.
India and France are united in their determination to act together against terrorism.
I congratulate PM Narendra Modi for his diplomacy reflecting both a sense of proportion and a strong determination, he said to news agency Press Trust of India.
Chandigarh was put under maximum security cover on Saturday ahead of the arrival of French President Francois Hollande and Prime Minister Narendra Modi today afternoon.
01:00 pm: Will arrive in Chandigarh at the Air Force Station
02:25pm: Will visit Rock Garden
02:55pm: Will visit Capitol Complex
03:25pm: A visit to Government Museum & Art Gallery
04:00pm: Will address CEOs of French and Indian companies at Hotel Taj
04:45pm: India-France Business Summit
06:30pm: Will leave for Delhi
07:25pm: Will arrive in Delhi at the Air Force Station, Palam