In a press conference today, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that incidents of crime were happening despite of police force in Delhi.
Here are the highlights:
- It's (rapes) not because or Delhi police. It's despite Delhi police
- Why talk about action after the incident? Why are such incidents happening in the city?
- Incident last night with Somnath Bharti shows how police is operating
- Delhi police is highly compromised
- If accountability is not set, then the incidents of rape will not cme to an end
- We demand that the offending SHOs be suspended. If they aren't suspended, then neither the government nor the people of Delhi will be mute spectators
- We are warning the Delhi Police... the entire population of Delhi will start interfering in their work if they don't start acting
- Drug and sex rackets going on... the minister demands action... we are not investigating but want the police to take action.
- The people of Delhi are unhappy with the police's performance.
- Rape tendencies start with drug and sex rackets
- We caught hold of miscreants - foreign nationals selling drugs but the police didn't cooperate
- The SHO left with all his men, did not search the premises and nab the culprits
- The ACP came much later and said they couldn't search without warrants
- A car came with foreign nationals - and a cop was sent inside the car - but the car wasn't searched
- I left them at AIIMS after the foreign nationals refused to give blood samples or even show their passports
- On my way back, my car was blocked by two car full of foreign nationals, but I managed to escape with my life
- Neha had threatened to commit suicide
- I received a call that she had set herself on fire
- This woman had approached me and I told her I would help her
- When I assured her of justice she said her mom-in-law and husband were responsible for her condition, her in-laws set her on fire and it was not suicide
- I was told police recoded her statement once, but no action was taken
- On 13th January she had informed the police that her life was in a risk
- Police officer on duty spoke rudely to her
- The cop was reluctant to come with us to meet the girl
- The SHO spoke very rudely, he said if you can get us transferred, then go ahead
- The police had not marked the spot where there was attempt to murder the girl