- Cyclone Titli caused widespread damage in Srikakulam and Vizianagaram districts of north coastal Andhra Pradesh. Eight people, including six fishermen were killed, Andhra Pradesh Disaster Management Authority said. In Srikakulam district, a 62-year-old woman died after a tree fell on her, and a 55-year-old man died in a house collapse.
- 'Titli' made a landfall in the beach town of Gopalpur in Odisha between 4:30 and 5:30 this morning, packing winds of over 125 km per hour and heavy rain.
- Flights and train services between Andhra and Odisha have also been affected because of Cyclone Titli. IndiGo Airline has cancelled five flights to and from Bhubaneswar.
- Eight districts in Odisha - Ganjam, Gajapati, Khurda, Puri, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara, Bhadrak and Balasore - have been affected by 'Titli'.
- Power supply and telephone links got disrupted and road lines were snapped due to uprooted trees at many places of Gajapati district, Mr Sethi said. There are also reports of damages to mud houses.
- The Odisha state government evacuated more than three lakh people from five coastal districts yesterday while local schools, colleges and childcare centres were ordered closed.
- The state government said it is prepared to face possible floods due to heavy rain.The people who have been moved out of their homes have been accommodated in shelters. Pregnant women have been shifted to hospitals.
- Cyclone Titli is moving towards West Bengal and is expected to weaken gradually with decreasing wind speed.
- The very severe cyclonic storm" is being monitored by the coastal Doppler Weather Radars at Visakhapatnam, Gopalpur and Paradip.
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik took stock of the situation yesterday and asked the collectors of five coastal districts to move people to safety.
(With inputs from PTI)
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.