Assembly Elections 2018: Today is the last day for campaigning in Telanagana and Rajasthan.
After weeks of rallying ahead of the Assembly Elections campaigning will end today for all parties who gear up for the final push in Telangana and Rajasthan. BJP chief Amit Shah began by addressing a press conference where he said the party held about 222 rallies ahead of the polls. Rahul Gandhi is to address a press conference later in the day.
PM Modi targeted Gandhi's over the VVIP Chopper scam, National Herald Case among others accusing them of trying to hide files in chopper scam.
While PM Modi, BJP's Amit Shah will address rallies in Rajasthan, In Telangana, Chief minister KCR will conclude campaigning with a big meeting in his constituency - Gajwel. Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, Chandrababu Naidu and the alliance partners are to address a massive meeting. UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will be back in Telangana where he will address a rally in Bhupalapalle constituency.
Rajasthan and Telanagana will vote on December 7 and the results will be declared on December 11.
Here are the highlights of 2018 Assembly Election Campaigning in Telangana and Rajasthan
Sumerpur is for development, Sumerpur is with BJP, PM Modi tweeted
PM Modi in Sumerpur:
- People have decided... now our job is to win every booth in Rajasthan; our mantra should be 'mera polling booth, sabse mazboot'.
- Congress knows it has lost election, now they are contemplating who to hold responsible for defeat
- Congress has created so many divisions in society in the last 70 years. The Congress has spread the venom of casteism and has created urban-rural divide. How can such a party work for the benefit of the people.
- See what you have done in 70 years, before you question us about our 4.5 years.
- Yesterday the Supreme Court said that the government has a right to reassess Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi's income tax returns (National Herald Case). This was a big win for the government in the Supreme Court. Let us see how they will try to escape now.
- They are out on bail. Can you trust such people? Those who are out on bail...can they be trusted?
- They (Sonia and Rahul Gandhi) tried to hide every file and send investigators on a wild goose chase, but after much effort by agencies, they found a link - an accused. We have caught him now... You must have seen how we caught the middleman in the VVIP chopper scam and have brought him from Dubai to Delhi. Let us see what skeletons come out of the closet of the Congress.
- The middleman who kept all the secrets and paid bribes, let us see what happens when the secrets are not a secret anymore. This VVIP chopper deal will go a long way.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses rally in Sumerpur in Rajasthan.
Addressing a press conference in Rajasthan, Amit Shah said:
- The campaigning for elections in Rajasthan and Talangana end today.
- BJP has done very well in all elections after coming to power in 2014, under the leadership of PM Narendra Modi.
- The BJP has campaigned strongly in all 5 states and we are confident of a win in these states.
- BJP has held more than 200 rallies in these 5 states, and people have seen the good work done by the BJP.
- The Congress has done nothing but made allegations through the entire election campaign. The Congress has tried to do negative politics in Rajasthan.
- Congress tried to fight elections on the basis of caste issues and dynasty; while the BJP is fighting elections on the state development and upliftment of the people.
- People will shun caste politics and family-based parties and will vote for a government that is focused on progress and development.
- The BJP has more than doubled that amount of funds sent to Rajasthan, when compared to what the UPA government had allocated for the state. It shows our focus on development and how much more the BJP is doing for Rajasthan.
- The BJP has helped Rajasthan emerge from being a 'BIMARU' state to a progressive state.
- To continue our good work in Rajasthan, we need the blessing of the people of Rajasthan.
- After seeing the way campaigning went on in Rajasthan, I am confident that the BJP will win Rajasthan with a full majority.
While Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP chief Amit Shah will address rallies in Rajasthan, caretaker chief minister KCR will conclude campaigning in Telangana with a big rally in his constituency - Gajwel.
Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, TDP's Chandrababu Naidu and the alliance partners have planned to address a massive rally. UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will also be in Telangana where he will address a rally in Bhupalapalle constituency.
Today is the last day of campaigning for the assembly elections in Rajasthan and Telangana. The BJP, Congress and regional parties have planned multiple rallies in both states.