- Rishi Kumar Shukla, a 1983 cadre officer, was the chief of the Madhya Pradesh police. He was removed from his post when the Congress government took charge of the state.
- Rishi Kumar Shukla is currently serving as the director general of the police housing corporation.
- The officer has also worked in the Intelligence Bureau.
- Rishi Kumar Shukla is also known for his work against terrorism. He will lead the country's premier investigative agency for two years.
- He would take over the charge of the agency from interim chief M Nageswara Rao, who was appointed after CBI director Alok Verma was shunted out. The post had been vacant since the exit of Mr Verma, who had been engaged in a bitter fight with his deputy Rakesh Asthana over corruption allegations.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.