- "In case of adultery, criminal law expects people to be loyal, which is a command, which gets into the realm of privacy."
- "A man having sexual intercourse with a married woman is not a crime."
- "Man being the seducer and women being the victim no longer exits. Equality is the governing principle of a system. Husband is not the master of the wife."
- "To attach criminality to something happening in the four walls of privacy is wrong. Law cannot distinguish between man and woman when both have equal role."
- "Any law which affects individual dignity, equity of women in a civilised society invites the wrath of the Constitution."
- "Sexual autonomy of woman cannot be compromised. It's a result of patriarchal society. It's her right and there cannot be any condition imposed on her. Chastity is not for woman alone as it is also equally applicable to husband."
- "It's illogical to say sexual act is not an offence if it's done with his (husband's) consent."
- Adultery might not be the cause of an unhappy marriage; it could be the result of one.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.