- Air quality has a negative effect on your health.
- Breathing polluted air for a long time can cause serious health hazards
- Eat jaggery to flush out the pollutants from your lungs
Air quality has a negative effect on your health. Much of the pollution that is affecting our air comes from human activities. It is a result of rising temperatures, increasing populationglobalization, manufacturing, transportation and our dependence on fossil fuels like gas and coal. Exposure to pollutants like smog, sulfates, nitrates and carbon can have a significant impact on both human health and the health of the earth. When air quality is bad, it irritates your eyes, nose, and throat, cause shortness of breath, aggravates asthma and other respiratory conditions. It also effects your heart and cardiovascular system. Breathing polluted air for long periods of time can cause serious health problems and even death.
Some home remedies which will help you deal with bad air quality:
1.Take steam daily: Try to take steam with a few drops of eucalyptus oil or peppermint oil for better results every day in the evening. It will help you relax your air passages and help your body remove the harmful particulate substances.
2. Jaggery:Jaggery, a natural detox food which is packed with nutrients that help remove harmful elements from the bloodstream, lungs, respiratory tract, as well as the food pipe. You should eat jaggery to flush out the pollutants from your lungs. Also, it will eliminate toxins from your systems. You can eat it raw or simply replace it with refined sugar in your daily preparations.
3.Ginger: Include ginger in your diet. You can just add grated ginger to your cup of tea or chew a fresh piece with a pinch of salt to keep your immune system into shape. Ginger contains gingerol and certain other compounds that can help in reducing airway inflammation and inhibit airway contraction. Ginger does wonders for people who are asthmatic.
4. Citrus fruits: Incorporate citrus fruits like lemon, gooseberries, oranges, etc in your diet. The vitamin C content in the citrus fruits will help boost your immunity and lessen the effects of air pollution.
Also read: Citrus Fruits: Know The Health Benefits
5. Tulsi: Tulsi should be planted in your household in order to absorb pollution. You should have tea infused with ginger and tulsi atleast twice a day. It will help boost your immunity. Tulsi also absorbs the harmful pollutants. You can also drink 10-15 ml of Tulsi juice daily to keep your body guarded against external pollutants.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.