- A regular bedtime routine can really improve your energy levels
- Water should be your first choice of beverage for natural energy
- Lack of protein is the main cause of exhaustion
In today's busy lives we all want and need to keep our minds and bodies alert and active all day long. This is extremely important for overall health of the body. Unfortunately, it is something that many people suffer from. However, fatigue is caused by a variety of reasons like inadequate nutrition and inadequate sleep or stress. When you visit a supermarket, you will see several vitamins, herbs, energy drinks and other supplements which are touted as energy boosters. But the truth is there is little or hardly any scientific evidence that the energy boosters like ginseng, guarana, and chromium picolinate are beneficial. It is super convenient to sip a cup of coffee or other energy drinks to keep you energetic but these have high amounts of caffeine, added sugar which are harmful for mind and body. Thankfully, there are things you can do to enhance your energy levels and avoid laziness or tiredness the entire day.
Here are some natural ways to boost your energy levels:
1. Water:Water should be your first choice of beverage for natural energy. Many people suffer from mild dehydration and they are unaware about it. The primary symptom of mild dehydration is fatigue; if your energy level is low, you should drink few glasses of water and you may find yourself full of energy soon after that. You should also start your day with a glass of water with some lemon in it for better results.
2. Sleep: We all know how bad sleep or inadequate sleep can effect your energy levels and mood. It is essential to sleep well. You can do this by having set a fixed routine to wake up and go to bed. A regular bedtime routine can improve your energy levels and you will feel fresh the entire day. You can also take a short nap in between the day.
3. Green Tea: If you opt for coffee for the afternoon slump, try switching it to green tea. In addition to boosting energy levels, green tea helps in metabolism and you might burn some extra calories. Drinking green tea in the afternoon is less likely to interfere with your sleep schedule since it has less amounts of caffeine than coffee per ounce.
5. Protein: Lack of protein is the main cause of exhaustion. You should include protein rich foods in your diet like eggs, chicken, milk and other foods. Drinking a high-quality protein shake or a smoothie can boost up your protein levels, thereby keeping you energetic all day long. Protein requires carbohydrates to turn into the energy we can use. You can mix some fresh fruits, dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds and coconut water or unsweetened almond milk to make a healthy protein shake.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.