- It will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi
- The exhibition will showcase the Mega Food Parks and also a Food Street
- There are many special conferences and sessions being organised
1. It will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi at 10 am on Friday, 3 November and the President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind has been requested to grace the occasion for the Valedictory address on Sunday, 5 November 2017.
2. The exhibition will showcase the Mega Food Parks and also a Food Street, an experience zone where you can savour Indian and foreign cuisines using Indian ingredients, flavours and fragrances during tasting sessions specially curated by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
3. It is the first International mega event to encompass the entire food spectrum from production to consumption and to attract both investment and trading in the Food Processing Sector in India.
World Food India is a leap forward in my mission to make the world aware of the huge potential in Indian Food Processing sector. pic.twitter.com/82dlJVHKKI— Harsimrat Kaur Badal (@HarsimratBadal_) October 29, 2017
4. There are many special conferences and sessions being organised like the plenary session on start-ups with VCs, jugalbandi by renowned chefs, events to set food records, start-up awards to promote innovative ideas and a Hackathon to develop solutions to problems in Food Processing Sector.
20 state sessions, 6 country sessions & a lot more - #WorldFoodIndia will establish India as the preferred destination in food processing.— Smriti Z Irani (@smritiirani) November 1, 2017