- People suffering from dementia will triple in the next 30 years globally
- WHO has launched The Global Dementia Observatory to monitor progress
- It will monitor the presence of national policy and plans
It will monitor the presence of national policy and plans, risk reduction measures and infrastructure for providing care and treatment. Dementia refers to a group of brain-related diseases that are mostly progressive in nature (worsen with time) and affect your memory, cognitive abilities and behaviour. Symptoms of dementia may appear over time and interfere significantly with a person’s ability to maintain day to day activities.
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common type of dementia and accounts for 60–70% of cases. Scientists have still not been able to find the actual cause of dementia but it is mostly concerned with genetic reasons.
1. Berries: Berries are considered to be great brain superfoods. Researchers have found that blueberries help protect the brain from oxidative stress and may reduce the effects of Alzheimer's or dementia.
2. Green leafy vegetables: Rich in vitamin K and Folic acid that helps the brain function with ease, green leafy vegetables also helps boost memory and prevent dementia.
4. Omega-3 fatty acids: Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids like flaxseeds, walnuts and fatty fish are known to be good for your brain and its functions. They also help in countering inflammation.
Eating these healthy foods does not guarantee anything but they are certainly brain healthy and good for your overall health.
For the latest News & Live Updates on Election Results from each assembly constituency in Madhya Pradesh,Rajasthan,Mizoram,Chhattisgarh,Telangana, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for updates.