There are some aspects of weight loss that you can control, and some that you cannot. Your metabolism forms a crucial aspect of your weight loss diet. Metabolism refers to the chemical processes that happen within the body to sustain life and good health. A faster metabolism is often linked to quicker weight loss. While some people are blessed with a speedy metabolism and can maintain steady weight even after tucking in all things good and greasy, some are not so lucky in lives. You cannot control how your metabolism works, but you definitely can add some foods to your diet which could fire it up naturally.
Here are some foods that could help speed up your metabolism:
1. Black Pepper: Black pepper is enriched with piperine, a compound that enhances metabolic performance and prevents fat accumulation in the body. The outermost layer of black pepper is also replete with phytonutrients that enable better breakdown of fat cells.
2. Eggs: According to some studies, a deficiency of vitamin D may slower your metabolism. Eggs are a very good source of vitamin D. They are also an excellent source of high-quality proteins. Protein helps keep you satiated which prevents cravings and facilitates weight loss.
3. Green Tea: Green tea is packed with catechins, a range of antioxidants that help rev up metabolism naturally. To boost the fat-burning properties of green tea further, you can add a squeeze of lemon to the beverage.
4. Milk: Packed with both protein and calcium, milk is an excellent metabolism-boosting food that you can add to your diet. Yes, you heard us! We called it 'food' and not a 'drink'. Milk is often dubbed as a complete food by nutritionists. Barring iron, milk has most vital nutrients that one requires to sustain a healthy life. Milk is profuse with protein, vitamin A, B1, B2, B12, D, calcium, potassium and magnesium.
5. Fish: Fatty fish like salmon, tuna and mackerel are enriched with omega-3 fatty acids, protein and vitamin D. They could help boost the body's metabolism and also increase the levels of fat-burning enzymes in the body.
Including these foods in diet may work wonders for your weight loss journey. Try and tell us how it worked for you in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.