Eid 2018 will be celebrated on 16 June, 2018 in India. Muslims across the globe are observing the month-long fast during the holy period of Ramzan 2018 and gearing up for the grand festivities. Eid-Al-Fitr is celebrated to mark new and positive beginnings, which is why the festival is also known as 'Meethi Eid'. While a number of desserts are made to celebrate the occasion with friends and family, a lavish spread of delectable savouries is also prepared and biryani tops this list. However, preparing the perfect biryani is not a cake-walk; it needs precision, technique and a melange of spices to make it truly delicious. If you are planning to prepare biryani, make sure you have all these factors in place. This Eid date, we list out some amazingly handy tips to help you make the perfect biryani. Make sure you bookmark them!
Eid 2018: Tips to Make the Perfect Biryani
Here's an amazing Kachhi Hyderabadi Biryani recipe by Culinary Expert and Food Blogger, Reetu Uday Kugaji that you can make at home this Eid.
Here are a few tips suggested by Chef Reetu that you must keep in mind while making this celebratory biryani!
1. Place a few bay leaves at the bottom of the dum vessel so that the biryani does not stick to the bottom, it also imparts a beautiful flavour to the rice. Ensure that you remove them before serving the biryani.
(Also Read: 5 All-Time Favourite Desserts That You Can Prepare This Ramzan)
2. Lemon juice is added while cooking the rice, as it not only keeps rice grains from sticking together, also it will help keep your rice beautifully white, which makes the biryani more presentable.
3. The dum utensil is sealed with whole-wheat flour dough, so that the flavour and aroma does not escape from the biryani.
4. Use excellent quality of ingredients in the biryani.
5. The rice that is used to prepare the biryani should be of the top-most quality and must have a fantastic fragrance. Biryani rice is generally different from the usual rice grains.
6. Soak the rice for 30 minutes.
7. Do not overcook the rice.
8. Boil or cook the rice with whole spices preferably a 'bouquet garni' of the whole spices, so that it is easier to remove at a later stage.
9. The quantity of yogurt used in the marination shouldn't be too much as it tends to make the biryani mushy.
10. The cooking utensil used for cooking rice should be big enough so that it gives enough room for the rice to cook.
11. Add saffron steeped in milk to impart both the flavour and the vibrant colour to the biryani.
12. The golden brown onions (Birista) should be crunchy and crisp, therefore slice onion very thinly, apply salt and set aside for 10 minutes, squeeze out the moisture from it and deep fry.
13. Last but not the least, try and prepare home-made biryani masala and store it in an air-tight container to save time while preparing the biryani.
Bring these handy tips to use and enjoy some delectable biryani this Eid!
Election Results for Lok Sabha Election 2019 will be out on May 23. Get the latest election news and live updates on ndtv.com/elections. Catch all the action on NDTV Live. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for news updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the election 2019