On this World Pharmacists Day, let's take a look at the education system in place for people aspiring to become pharmacists in India.
Courses in Pharmacy
At entry-level, students have the option to pursue D.Pharm. which is a diploma course in pharmacy. The undergraduate and postgraduate courses available in Pharmacy are Bachelor in Pharmacy and Masters in Pharmacy. Some colleges also offer integrated courses in Pharmacy that is Integrated B.Pharm. and M.Pharm. or B.Pharm. and MBA.
Top Pharmacy Colleges in India
As per the NIRF Ranking 2017, the top 10 colleges or institutes for Pharmacy in India are:
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Erandwane, Pune
- S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
Click here for more Education News