We bring you five memories from school which have been part of almost everyone's childhood and will send you down the nostalgia lane.
1. Games/Sports class: In India, sports is an important part of school curriculum and was introduced for all-round development of children. But let's be real, apart from the few jocks in the class, how many of us really played a sport and instead spent the sports period exploring corners of the school or huddling together with our friends and planning our next adventure?
2. Sharing lunch: Sharing food has been a part of Indian culture and ever since a child is enrolled in school, they are taught sharing their lunch with their classmates and friends. In school, friendships have been made and broken over the issue of sharing lunch. Friends often came to rescue when our tiffins were packed with a dish we did not like particularly and finished it up to save us from scolding at home.
3. Borrowing pens/pencils: It started with pencils and then eventually transitioned to ball pens and gel pens. There isn't an adult who has not borrowed a pen or pencil from their friend at some point in school.
Read Here: A P J Abdul Kalam's Message For Children
4. Punishment: Okay, so punishments are not fun and will never be but always became bearable if our friend was standing by our side. It was through these shared moments that we made some of our long-lasting friendships in school.
5. School trips: Even if a day trip, we all waited eagerly for school trips. More than the excitement to visit a new place, the prospect to spend an entire day with our friends without the hassle of studying in class was what kept us awake at night day before the trip.
Read Here: 5 Books To Cultivate Reading Habit In Young Children
Also Read: 10 Things Students Should Know About Jawaharlal Nehru