Delhi Property Dealer Dies As His Clothes Catch Fire While Smoking

His wife told police she had given him some beedis and a matchbox and left him alone in the ground floor room of their house

4 Shares
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Delhi Property Dealer Dies As His Clothes Catch Fire While Smoking

Police said the 72-year-old man's clothes likely caught fire while he was smoking

New Delhi:  A 72-year-old property dealer died after his clothes caught fire while smoking a beedi in his room in southeast Delhi's Tughlakabad today, police said. The man, Jaichand Bidhuri, was taken to hospital by his family members where he died during treatment.

His wife told police she had given him some beedis and a matchbox and left him alone in the ground floor room of their house.

After some time when people in the house saw smoke coming out of the room, they tried to open the door, but it was locked, police said. By the time the door was broken down, Mr Bidhuri had suffered severe burn injuries, police said.

Police said his clothes likely caught fire, adding investigation is on.
 

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................