Disgusted, director K Mageswaran dialed food safety authorities and also shared pictures and a video on WhatsApp.
An inspection by food safety officials revealed baby cockroaches behind the stainless steel layered wall in the kitchen. The officials have filed a case of unhygienic manufacturing practices against the food outlet.
Food safety officer R Kathiravan said: "The restaurant staff has accepted that the cockroach was present in the food. We've given them strict instructions on things to be put in place. Within a week we will present our charges to the Divisional Revenue Officer for action."
"The picture of the cockroach the customer has sent is fake, I believe. We have carried out whatever instructions the food safety officials have given us. We threw open our food production centre for them to inspect," said Vishnu Shankar, Managing Director of the group.