- Several reported injured at the kosher grocery store, reports Associated Press.
- Schools in the area have gone into lockdown ,reported news agency AFP
- There were unconfirmed reports that the man was the same as that suspected of killing a policewoman in a southern suburb of Paris on Thursday.
- A police source had told Reuters earlier he was a member of the same jihadist group as the two suspects in the attack at weekly newspaper Charlie Hebdo.
- Meanwhile, the two suspects in the attack on satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo's office have been cornered but not captured in a town north-east of Paris, said officials
- The suspects, a pair of Islamist brothers, reportedly have one hostage, a woman, according to local media.
- The massive manhunt for the two brothers, Cherif and Said Kouachi, appeared to be approaching a dramatic climax as security forces laid siege to a printing business where they are holed up.
- Ahead of the stand-off, police had already exchanged fire with the pair in a high-speed car chase. Prosecutors told news agency AFP there had been "no casualties reported" in the immediate aftermath of the shoot-out.
- One witness described coming face-to-face at the printer's with one of the suspects, dressed in black, wearing a bullet-proof vest and carrying what looked like a Kalashnikov.The witness told France Info radio that the man said: "'Leave, we don't kill civilians anyhow'."
- On Wednesday, 12 people were killed in an attack on the Paris office of Charlie Hebdo, allegedly in retaliation for its series of cartoons featuring the Prophet Mohammed.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.