The White House has announced US President Barack Obama's itinerary in India. (Pics: Welcome Barack Obama! India gets ready)
Obama will leave Washington on November 5 and will arrive in Mumbai on November 6.
- His first stop will be the iconic Taj Hotel, targeted by Pakistan-based terrorists in 2008. He will meet 26/11 survivors there.
- He will then meet India Inc at the US-India Business Council.
- On November 7, he will participate in Diwali celebrations with Mumbai school children.
- The president will also interact with university students at the Town Hall, the highlight of the event will be his speech on democracy.
- On November 8, Obama will be in the Capital. His first stop will be Humayun's tomb and Raj Ghat. The same day he will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and address Parliament. He will also meet President Pratibha Patil. His day will end with the state dinner hosted by the Prime Minister and his wife.
- Obama will leave Delhi for Jakarta on November 9 morning.