This Article is From May 21, 2010

Shahzad's number found on detained Pak national's phone

Shahzad's number found on detained Pak national's phone
New York:
A Pakistani national arrested in connection with the botched Times Square car bombing had prime suspect Faisal Shahzad's phone number on his cell phone and an envelop with the accused name on it in his apartment.

Aftab Ali Khan, 27, is one of the three men arrested last week for violating immigrations laws and are suspected of funding money to Shahzad to facilitate his failed plot to blow up an explosive laden car in Times Square on May 1.

FOX News
Channel reported that during hearing on Thursday, federal immigration attorney Richard Neville revealed these findings against Aftab but Khan's lawyer denied his client had any connection with Shahzad.

30-year-old Pakistani-American Shahzad was apprehended at John F Kennedy airport while he was trying to escape to Pakistan via Dubai.

He is believed to have been working in collusion with the Pakistan-Taliban.

If the Times Square bombing was successful, Shahzad planned to attack four other targets -- Rockefeller center, a, Grand Central Terminal, the World Financial Center and the Connecticut headquarters of defence contractor Sikorsky.

In two emails, the terror suspect has expressed frustration with the state of the Muslim world. Shahzad is a naturalized American citizen from Pakistan and US Attorney General Eric Holder has declared that the present investigation implicates the Pakistani Taliban.

The three other Pakistani men in the US arrested last week do not face criminal charges in connection with the foiled terror plot.

Aftab Khan worked in gas station while arrested roommate Pir Khan, 43, drove a cab in the Boston area, and Mohammad Shafiq Rahman is a computer programmer.

The New York Post reported that Khan's lawyer Saher Macarius said that he worked as a civilian employee with security clearance at a US Army base in Kuwait and was engaged to an American solider, who initially sponsored his visa to come to the US.

Upon Khan's arrival in August 2009, his fiancee changed her mind and Khan married another woman four months later on November 17, according to Macarius.