Ordinance On Convicted Lawmakers
- All
- News
- Videos
-
Rahul Gandhi Used Strong Words In 2013 Press Conference: Montek Ahluwalia
- Tuesday February 18, 2020
- India News | Indo-Asian News Service
The now-defunct Planning Commission's former Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia on Monday said Congress leader Rahul Gandhi used "strong words" in 2013 while tearing up an ordinance on convicted lawmakers, but insisted then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh did the right thing by not resigning.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Manmohan Singh Asked Me If He Should Resign In 2013: Montek Ahluwalia
- Monday February 17, 2020
- India News | Press Trust of India
After the Rahul Gandhi ordinance-trashing episode of 2013, the then prime minister Manmohan Singh asked Montek Singh Ahluwalia whether he thought he should resign, the former deputy chairman of the now-defunct Planning Commission says.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Rahul Gandhi on ordinance outburst: 'No right time to speak the truth'
- Tuesday October 8, 2013
- India News | Sandeep Phukan
Rahul Gandhi today strongly defended his sharp public denouncement of the ordinance on convicted lawmakers, which embarrassed the PM, with a counter question for his critics: "Is there ever a right time to speak the truth?"
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Advani crediting me on ordinance is speculation, says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Saturday October 5, 2013
- India News | Press Trust of India
President Pranab Mukherjee today described as speculation senior BJP leader LK Advani crediting him for the withdrawal of the ordinance on convicted lawmakers, saying he had nothing to do with the development.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
LK Advani's blog on controversial ordinance: full text
- Friday October 4, 2013
- India News |
Senior BJP leader LK Advani has said in his blog that the credit for the controversial ordinance to protect convicted lawmakers being killed goes to President Pranab Mukherjee and not Rahul Gandhi.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Cabinet 'unanimously' withdraws ordinance on convicted lawmakers
- Thursday October 3, 2013
- India News | Edited by Nadim Asrar
The government has decided to withdraw a controversial ordinance that protects convicted parliamentarians and triggered a furious critique from Rahul Gandhi last week, who described the policy as "nonsense."
-
www.ndtv.com
-
UPA has a government which is not authoritative: Manish Tewari
- Thursday October 3, 2013
- Who Said What | Edited by Swati Gupta
Today, the government withdrew the ordinance that had been filed to overturn the Supreme Court verdict. The Supreme Court has said that MPs and state legislators will be disqualified from office if they are convicted in criminal cases.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Mulayam Singh Yadav's party disagrees with government's u-turn on ordinance
- Wednesday October 2, 2013
- India News | Edited by Nadim Asrar
The government today withdrew a controversial ordinance to protect convicted law-makers, a decision driven largely by its vice-president Rahul Gandhi. An important ally, the Samajwadi Party, said it disagrees with the change in policy.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Cabinet withdraws ordinance on convicted lawmakers
- Wednesday October 2, 2013
- India News | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi
In a short meeting this evening, the Union Cabinet has decided to withdraw the controversial ordinance on convicted parliamentarians that it had approved last week. The ordinance had triggered a furious critique from Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
At cabinet meeting, Sharad Pawar to question ordinance flip-flop, say sources
- Wednesday October 2, 2013
- India News | Sandeep Phukan
Some UPA allies are expected to seek an explanation at a cabinet meeting this evening on why the Congress-led government rushed a controversial ordinance on convicted lawmakers only to do a u-turn.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Rahul Gandhi Used Strong Words In 2013 Press Conference: Montek Ahluwalia
- Tuesday February 18, 2020
- India News | Indo-Asian News Service
The now-defunct Planning Commission's former Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia on Monday said Congress leader Rahul Gandhi used "strong words" in 2013 while tearing up an ordinance on convicted lawmakers, but insisted then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh did the right thing by not resigning.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Manmohan Singh Asked Me If He Should Resign In 2013: Montek Ahluwalia
- Monday February 17, 2020
- India News | Press Trust of India
After the Rahul Gandhi ordinance-trashing episode of 2013, the then prime minister Manmohan Singh asked Montek Singh Ahluwalia whether he thought he should resign, the former deputy chairman of the now-defunct Planning Commission says.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Rahul Gandhi on ordinance outburst: 'No right time to speak the truth'
- Tuesday October 8, 2013
- India News | Sandeep Phukan
Rahul Gandhi today strongly defended his sharp public denouncement of the ordinance on convicted lawmakers, which embarrassed the PM, with a counter question for his critics: "Is there ever a right time to speak the truth?"
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Advani crediting me on ordinance is speculation, says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Saturday October 5, 2013
- India News | Press Trust of India
President Pranab Mukherjee today described as speculation senior BJP leader LK Advani crediting him for the withdrawal of the ordinance on convicted lawmakers, saying he had nothing to do with the development.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
LK Advani's blog on controversial ordinance: full text
- Friday October 4, 2013
- India News |
Senior BJP leader LK Advani has said in his blog that the credit for the controversial ordinance to protect convicted lawmakers being killed goes to President Pranab Mukherjee and not Rahul Gandhi.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Cabinet 'unanimously' withdraws ordinance on convicted lawmakers
- Thursday October 3, 2013
- India News | Edited by Nadim Asrar
The government has decided to withdraw a controversial ordinance that protects convicted parliamentarians and triggered a furious critique from Rahul Gandhi last week, who described the policy as "nonsense."
-
www.ndtv.com
-
UPA has a government which is not authoritative: Manish Tewari
- Thursday October 3, 2013
- Who Said What | Edited by Swati Gupta
Today, the government withdrew the ordinance that had been filed to overturn the Supreme Court verdict. The Supreme Court has said that MPs and state legislators will be disqualified from office if they are convicted in criminal cases.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Mulayam Singh Yadav's party disagrees with government's u-turn on ordinance
- Wednesday October 2, 2013
- India News | Edited by Nadim Asrar
The government today withdrew a controversial ordinance to protect convicted law-makers, a decision driven largely by its vice-president Rahul Gandhi. An important ally, the Samajwadi Party, said it disagrees with the change in policy.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Cabinet withdraws ordinance on convicted lawmakers
- Wednesday October 2, 2013
- India News | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi
In a short meeting this evening, the Union Cabinet has decided to withdraw the controversial ordinance on convicted parliamentarians that it had approved last week. The ordinance had triggered a furious critique from Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
At cabinet meeting, Sharad Pawar to question ordinance flip-flop, say sources
- Wednesday October 2, 2013
- India News | Sandeep Phukan
Some UPA allies are expected to seek an explanation at a cabinet meeting this evening on why the Congress-led government rushed a controversial ordinance on convicted lawmakers only to do a u-turn.
-
www.ndtv.com