30 Hospitalised After Consuming 'Prasadam' At Temple In Tamil Nadu

Use of spoilt ghee for the 'prasadam'and lack of maintenance of the utensil used for cooking caused food poisoning, police said.

11 Shares
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
30 Hospitalised After Consuming 'Prasadam' At Temple In Tamil Nadu

People complained of sickness and vomiting following which they were hospitalised (Representational)


Coimbatore:  At least 30 people fell ill after consuming 'prasadam' at a temple in Mettupalayam, police said Wednesday.

The devotees, including two children and women, took 'pongal' at the Sri Selvamuthu Mariammal Temple last night, they said.

Shortly afterwards, they complained of sickness and vomiting following which they were hospitalised, they added.

Inquiry revealed that the use of spoilt ghee for the 'prasadam' (offering) and lack of maintenance of the utensil used for cooking caused food poisoning, police said.


Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................