According to Fox News, hazmat teams which investigated the incident "found nothing hazardous."
"Haz Mat Teams monitored affected area and found nothing hazardous ; odor was caused by clogged toilet," wrote the Charlotte Fire Department on Twitter.
Update: 8900 Park Rd; CFD Haz Mat Teams monitored affected area and found nothing hazardous; odor was caused by clogged toilet; currently no students or faculty have been transported- Charlotte Fire Dept (@CharlotteFD) May 23, 2018
Firefighters at the scene said they believe sewer gases from a stopped-up toilet caused the students' symptoms, reports WCNC. The incident happened after a maintenance worker plunged the toilet.
Click for more trending news