Remember that fruit puzzle and math problem on 'Cheryl's birthday' - both brainteasers meant for kids that confused the Internet and subsequently went viral? Well, there's a new children's puzzle that's made its way online and, just like the last two, this one also has many adults scrambling for answers.
- A new brainteaser meant for children has many adults confused
- The viral puzzle is based on a single image of a campsite
- It requires one to use logical reasoning to answer a series of questions
This riddle is based on a single image of a campsite that requires one to combine their logical reasoning skills with observational powers to answer a series of questions.
According to various reports, the brainteaser is taken from an old children's magazine and is meant to test a child's aptitude. We're not sure how children respond to this quiz but going by the way this puzzle is being shared, it would seem adults are having a tough time answering at least one or two of the nine questions.
Let's see how you fare in this challenge. Take a look the picture below and answer the questions. Once you have all the answers, only then scroll down to see the correct answers. No cheating.
Here are all the questions, according to The Telegraph:
1. How many tourists are staying at this camp?
2. When did they arrive: today or a few days ago?
3. How did they get here?
4. How far away is the closest town?
5. Where does the wind blow: from the north or from the south?
6. What time of day is it?
7. Where did Alex go?
8. Who was on duty yesterday? (Give their name)
9. What day is it today?
We hope you've noted down all your answers on a piece of paper.
Here are all the answers for the quiz, according to The Telegraph. Match your answers to those given below. Let's see how you score.
1. There are four tourists. See the four sets of cutlery on the picnic blanket and four names on the duty list.
2. They arrived a few days ago - long enough for a spider to build a web between their tent and a tree.
3. They got there by boat, judging be the oars next to the tree.
4. The closest village is not far - the chicken wouldn't be walking around in the area otherwise
5. The wind is blowing from the south. The flag on top of the tent shows the wind direction and, looking at the trees, branches on the southern side are normally longer.
6. It's morning. The shadows show the sun is to their east.
7. Alex is catching butterflies - see the scoop net behind the tent.
8. Colin was on duty yesterday. He's looking for something in his backpack, which is marked with a "C". Alex is catching butterflies. James is taking pictures. Peter is on duty today, and Colin was on duty yesterday.
9. It's August 8th - because Peter is on duty and there is a watermelon on the ground. Watermelons ripen in August. Apparently.
So how did you do on this children's puzzle? Tell us your score in the comments section below.