Tributes are pouring in for Abdul Mallik, the teacher in Kerala who swims through a river everyday to get to his students. (Read)
Here are 10 great surfer comments (some have been shortened):
1. "Abdul Malik - If we ever met, I would very much like to shake your hand. It's great people like yourself who should be governing this great country." - Sheldon.
2. "What a great teacher! It makes me cry. May god bless a teacher." - Ravi.
3. "Real GEM......no words to say for his commitment, dedication." - Gaurav.
4. "This is amazing. You've set an example for teachers to follow. What most of them preach you are out to practice everyday." - Gupta.
5. "Truly inspirational. He doesn't do it for fame or publicity. That's his job and he's probably the most satisfied guy in the whole world .... We Salute u Sir!" - Shrivastav.
6. "My sincere heartfelt wishes to this teacher, as we couldn't find such person/s anywhere in this World and if so, very few." - V R Krishnaa.
7. "Hats off! No words are enough for such selfless deeds." - Manjit.
8. "Proud of him and wish him a very happy teacher's day! Being a teacher myself, I feel sorry that the most noble profession in the world is not regarded high in India. Happy Teacher's Day to all." - Swati Saxena.
9. "If all the teachers have same dedication and commitment like you Mr Mallik, India will definitely shine." - Neeraj Gupta.
10. "Under these current circumstances of corruption and scams, this is truly impressive, God bless you." - Mohammed Abdul Raheem.