- Protesting farmers are demanding a complete and unconditional waiver of loans and electricity bills; All India Kisan Sabha has alleged that 1,753 debt-ridden farmers have killed themselves since June 2017
- Farmers demand a minimum support price of 1.5 times the input cost for farm produce
- Farmers want the immediate implementation of recommendations of the Swaminathan Commission, which safeguards interests of small farmers
- Farmers want compensation for crop losses due to unseasonal rain, hailstorm and attack by pink bollworm, in February.
- The All India Kisan Sabha secretary said, "We want the state government to stop forceful acquisition of farm lands in the name of development projects like the super highway and tracks for bullet trains." Farmers demand implementation of Forest Rights Act, which will benefit the tribal population
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.