Porbandar, Gujarat: Senior coast guard officials addressed the media about the Pakistani boat carrying Heroin and satellite phones, that was intercepted on April 20, 2015.
Here are the highlights of the press conference:
- The men arrested from a Pakistani boat was intercepted off the coast of Gujarat yesterday.
- The operation has been going on for quite some time: Coast Guard officials on the Pakistan boat intercepted off Gujarat coast
- In a closely coordinated operation by us and the Navy, a boat with narcotics was apprehended off Gujarat on April 20.
- 8 Pakistani nationals were caught, and narcotics worth Rs 600 crore seized.
- The total number of packets of narcotics seized from the Pakistani boat were 232.
- The operation began on April 18 after intelligence inputs.