The boy named Devla, son of Nandlal, is a resident of Tejpur village and was ailing since 10 days. His parents got him checked at various local quacks but he could not be cured. They ultimately fell into a superstitious trap and lit a pyre in the middle of the road in Bhupendra Bazaar using trash. An iron needle was put inside that fire and when it turned hot, it was placed on the boy's head and back of his neck. The boy cried in pain and hot needle left strong burn marks on him, reports news agency ANI.
Chief Medical and Health Officer SL Ninama said, "Rajasthan is spending so much money on healthcare. But in tribal areas, extreme superstition exists. By staying away from health facilities, they are playing with children's health. This is extremely wrong."
"If the child was brought to a nearby health facility then he would have been treated right there," Mr Ninama said.