- The soul of India resides in pluralism and tolerance: Pranab Mukherjee
- Secularism and inclusion are a matter of faith for us, he said
- It is our composite culture which makes us into one nation, he added
Here are the top quotes from Pranab Mukherjee's speech at the RSS event in Nagpur
- We derive our strength from tolerance. We accept and respect our pluralism. We celebrate our diversity. We are not one nation, one identity
- Any attempt at defining our nationhood in terms of dogmas and identities of religion, region, hatred and intolerance will only lead to dilution of our national identity
- The soul of India resides in pluralism and tolerance. This plurality of our society has come through assimilation of ideas over centuries
- India's Nationhood is not one language, one religion, one enemy. It is the 'Perennial Universalism' of 1.3 billion people
- We must move from conflict, violence and anger and move into harmony and peace. Our mother land is asking for it, it deserves it
- Secularism and inclusion are a matter of faith for us. It is our composite culture which makes us into one nation.
- From our Constitution flows our nationalism. The construct of Indian nationalism is constitutional patriotism
- Every day, we see increased violence around us. At the heart of this violence is darkness, fear and mistrust
- We must free our public discourse from all forms of violence, physical as well as verbal
- In the happiness of the people lies the happiness of the king, their welfare is his welfare.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections. Election results will be out on May 23.