Ahead of the Lok Sabha elections due in a few weeks' time, Congress and the BJP are at their best when it comes to campaigning. While Rahul Gandhi, at a rally in Assam, assured the northeast people of special status, PM Modi addressed ex-servicemen in Rajasthan and an event in Delhi's ISKCON temple. These programmes come in the backdrop of India's "non-military, pre-emptive air strikes" carried out across the Line of Control early this morning. Some 300 terrorists were killed in the Indian Air Force strike at around 3.30 am, top government sources have told NDTV.
Here are the Highlights of today's events of the Congress and the BJP:
The doctors informed Gandhi that both the patients were undergoing treatment for compound fractures.
The Congress chief, who was here to address a public rally, travelled to the hospital soon after landing at the LGB International Airport.
He also spoke to the attendants of the patients.
"We will look into it," he told them while speaking about the violence in Itanagar.
"The doctors here are looking after them properly...Don''t worry," the Congress president told them.
- From the smallest Gita to the biggest Gita, there have uncountable initiatives to spread its knowledge.
- Lokmanya Tilak spread the knowledge of Gita in Marathi and Gujarati. Gandhi ji read the Gujarati version of it in jail. That helped him to write Bhagvad Gita, according to Gandhiji.
- Gita preserves the heritage of this nation.
- A German philosopher had acknowledged the values highlighted in Gita when India was still fighting for independence.
- For Gandhi ji, Gita and Satyagraha was an inseparable part of life.
- Gita is not just dharam grantha, it's jivan grantha too.
- Gita shows us the way to "Seva" (service) and Samarpan (sacrifice)
- Gita is world's 'dharohar'. It has helped everyone see the correct path.
- Whether you are a Yogi or an ordinary person, you will get all your questions answered in Gita.
- Remember Gita Shlokas in the time of distress.
- "Sabka Sath, Sabka Vikaas" is the result of these values from Gita.
- Let's look at politics beyond the feelings of what's yours and mine. Let's not be divisive.
- Our government has given momentum to the movement for Yoga and Ayurveda.
- Once again, I want to congratulate every Iskcon member for this Divya Bhagwad Gita
Kicking off the poll campaign in Assam, Mr Gandhi attacked the BJP and the RSS, accusing them of "burning" every state in the region.
"The BJP-RSS ideology is burning every state in the northeast. They are attacking your lifestyle, culture, language and history...," he said.
Mr Gandhi confidently said that the Congress will come to power at the Centre and work towards protecting the identity of the region.
He also promised to restore ''special status'' to Assam and bring back the North East Industrial and Investment Promotion Policy (NEIIPP).
"BJP snatched away the rights of the people of the northeast. We'll do everything to restore them," he asserted.
Expressing grief over the recent hooch tragedy in Assam's tea belt, the Congress chief said, "Narendra Modi made big announcements for tea gardens, but did nothing. We will guarantee minimum wage to every estate worker."