- Four dead in Tripura and two in Manipur in thunderstorms and landslides over the last two days, says government officials.
- Flash floods in Assam have affected thousands of people. The Assam State Disaster Management Authority has said Biswanath, Karbi Anglong East, Karbi Anglong West, Golaghat, Karimganj and Hailakandi are the worst-affected districts.
- In Assam 10, 700 relief camps have been set up, where nearly 1.5 lakh people have taken shelter. Government estimates say, crops in over a thousand hectares have been damaged.
- The water level of the Barak River and its tributaries are increasing rapidly, snapping communication between the Barak Valley and Meghalaya.
- Landslides have been reported at several locations on the National Highway 44 in Meghalaya
- The Manipur government has declared a holiday for all government offices and educational institutions as floods hit most part of Imphal city.
- Residential areas in the capital of Manipur are submerged as the Imphal and Nambul rivers have breached their banks due to incessant overnight rain.
- Over 6, 000 people have taken shelter in 180 relief shelters in Manipur, where over 25, 000 people have been affected.
- In Mizoram, flash floods have been reported in Lunglei and Aizwal, where over a thousand people have been evacuated to safer places. Landslides have blocked roads at over 30 locations and over 10 houses have collapsed say reports.
- Last year, Assam suffered the worst floods in over three decades, that killed 82 people and left over 25 lakh people homeless.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.