Here are the highlights of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley's press conference:
- It is a recognition and enforcement of reform process, particularly in the last 3-4 years.
- A number of structural reforms that have taken place in these years have put India on a high trajectory growth curve.
- The upgrade by Moody's has come after 13 years . . we welcome rating upgrade of India after 13 yrs; it is belated recognition to positive steps taken in last few years
- We feel it is a bit delayed, but it is a recognition of all the positive steps and reforms taken
- Steps, including demonetization, among others is taking India into a digitised economy.
- Implementation of Aadhaar has also been a very significant step...
- Also the GST, which the world has recognised as one of the most significant reform steps taken in the history of Independent India.
- It is a recognition and an endorsement of the reform process which has gone on in India, particularly in the last 3-4 years, where a number of structural reforms have taken place which has placed India on a path of high trajectory growth
- We believe that it is a belated recognition of all the positive steps which have been taken in India in the last few years, which has contributed to strengthening of Indian economy
- It is encouraging that there is an international recognition and this recognition firms our determination to follow the track that we have embarked upon
- For 3 years in a row, India is the fastest growing economy among all major economies
- Reforms are being implemented at record pace... and I am sure that many who had doubts on India's reforms process, can now introspect
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.