Here are the highlights of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley's press conference:
- It is a recognition and enforcement of reform process, particularly in the last 3-4 years.
- A number of structural reforms that have taken place in these years have put India on a high trajectory growth curve.
- The upgrade by Moody's has come after 13 years . . we welcome rating upgrade of India after 13 yrs; it is belated recognition to positive steps taken in last few years
- We feel it is a bit delayed, but it is a recognition of all the positive steps and reforms taken
- Steps, including demonetization, among others is taking India into a digitised economy.
- Implementation of Aadhaar has also been a very significant step...
- Also the GST, which the world has recognised as one of the most significant reform steps taken in the history of Independent India.
- It is a recognition and an endorsement of the reform process which has gone on in India, particularly in the last 3-4 years, where a number of structural reforms have taken place which has placed India on a path of high trajectory growth
- We believe that it is a belated recognition of all the positive steps which have been taken in India in the last few years, which has contributed to strengthening of Indian economy
- It is encouraging that there is an international recognition and this recognition firms our determination to follow the track that we have embarked upon
- For 3 years in a row, India is the fastest growing economy among all major economies
- Reforms are being implemented at record pace... and I am sure that many who had doubts on India's reforms process, can now introspect
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.