Today is Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj death anniversary. Shivaji Maharaj was a legendary king, known for his warfare strategies, administrative skills and progressive outlook. He laid the foundations of the Maratha empire in India. His life and bravery acts continue to inspire everyone. "Never bend your head always hold it high," he had said. He is known for his warrior code of ethics and exemplary character. On Shivaji Maharaj punyatithi today, here's remembering the great warrior through his inspiring quotes.
- Even if there were a sword in the hands of everyone, it is willpower that establishes a government. - Shivaji Maharaj
- If a tree, which is not a highly elevated living entity, can be so tolerant and merciful to give sweet mangoes even when hit by anyone; being a king, should I not be more merciful and tolerant than the tree? - Shivaji Maharaj
- Do not think of the enemy as weak, then do not be too scared to feel too strong. - Shivaji Maharaj
- Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother. - Shivaji Maharaj
- When you are enthusiastic, the mountain also looks like a clay pile. - Shivaji Maharaj
- Freedom is a boon, which everyone has the right to receive. - Shivaji Maharaj
- "No need to be learned from own fault. We can learn a lot from others' mistakes." - Shivaji Maharaj
Shivaji Maharaj is one of the greatest sources of inspiration for the Indians over generations. He was greatly admired for his achievements, dedication, national spirit and self-confidence.