- To give a boost to domestic manufacturing and its 'Make In India' programme, the government is expected to increase import duty on certain items related to power, capital goods and chemicals sectors, sources say.
- Health care industry is expecting a better role for private sector in the country's health system, a boost to the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) will also help, industry leaders say. Structured tax benefits, high investment in the diagnostics sector, better budget allocation for primary health centres are some of the demands from the health industry. Private healthcare players are also expecting that medical insurance coverage in the country will be strengthened in the Union Budget 2018-19.
- To improve credit flow in the agriculture sector, the farm credit target is expected to be raised by Rs 1 lakh crore to a record Rs 11 lakh crore, sources say.
- FMCG players (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) expect the government to make labour markets more attractive and resume stalled infrastructure projects to create more jobs across sectors. They have pitched for policies that focus on rural markets to reverse slide in wages, create more jobs and reduce personal tax slabs to give more purchasing power to the consumers. The industry has also sought incentives for setting up warehousing and cold chain facilities and efforts to increase Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the sector.
- Rating agency Icra in a pre-budget report said that it is expected from Union Budget 2018-19 to make policy measures and give a stimulus to the agricultural sector - on irrigation, crop insurance and agricultural credit to help cash-starved fertiliser players.
(With Inputs From PTI)
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.